Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Swaps

Here are some of the swaps I sent out this week.

Flying Pigs PC--this went to a postcrosser in Australia who said she liked "unusual scenes".  I think this qualifies.

I stamped in black and colored with Prismacolors, my usual MO.  I liked this one so much I made extras.
 The title for this swap is "At the Heart of the Zentangle ATC".
We were instructed to include a heart somewhere in the 'tangle.  I'm really loving making these zentangles, but not feeling very confident about the results yet. 
 "Book / Library ATC"
I think the background text is in Italian, but I'm not sure.  This was a quick one.

 "Things that Go Bump in the Night"
For this swap, we send three ATCs to one partner.  I had fun reacquainting myself with embossing powder.  The skeleton is embossed in "sea foam" and the cat in black.  The eyeball was stamped on glossy cardstock, cut out and glued in place.
 Here the spider web is embossed in gold, and the card has a gold thread from which dangles a gigantic black spider.  Shudder.
My favorite of the three.  "Eyes in the Mist"...booga booga!
The background was sponged in midnight blue and eggplant.  These eyes are so creepy!  The house is a rubber stamp that was made from a carving done by a friend from many years ago.  She started a stamp business named "Karv'd" back in the 90s.  She was a great inspiration to me--always doing something with stamping or quilting, or combining the two.  Whenever I use one of the stamps she designed, I regret that I didn't do a better job of keeping in touch.

1 comment:

Diane Perin said...

It's so fun to see what you're stamping, Sleen! And that flying pig sure brings back memories!