Monday, August 4, 2008

He Even Makes Coffee

If I haven't mentioned it before, I'd like you to know that I have a great husband. There are many examples of his fabulousness, but the most recent is his ability to make frozen coffee drinks for me. Yesterday was his first attempt, and HOLY COW. He did good.

Today he got home from work a little early and decided to see if he could replicate his earlier success. He did! I am a lucky, lucky wife.

He claims that there is no magic involved, so maybe these steps will work for you, too. I will close my eyes while I post this. If I learn this process myself, I may never drink anything else.

Patrick grinds his own beans and his instructions say "full coffee grinder, 6 cups in coffee maker". I believe the translation for that is "make some really strong coffee". Pour 1 to 1-1/2 cups of chilled coffee into your blender along with 1/2 cup of creamer.


Add 4 teaspoons granulated sugar, and 1/3 cup chocolate syrup. Pulse to blend.
Fill the blender to the 8-cup mark with ice cubes. Hit "puree" and blend for about one minute.


Pour into a tall glass and add a jumbo straw that you saved from Panera for just such an occasion.




MMMMMmmmmmmm frozen goodness.

No comments: